Monday, June 1, 2009

Shelby's Birthday Hike

So when I asked my lovely friend Shelby what she wanted to do for her birthday, she promptly stated, "I want to hike Horsetooth." Of all the things we could do, hiking is probably the thing that I'm the worst at, but since it was her birthday, I humored her. And Kimee came too.

Here is a picture of our lovely selves before the hike...

And here is me only halfway through...

I was being a little dramatic mind you, but clearly I was pretty tired. It was a really nice hike all things considered. We went up Arthur's Rock trail in Lory State Park. The day after I definitely felt like I had died. :) Here are a few more pictures of our adventure!

Which way!?












On top of a rock...














The deer that crossed our path...













Route to the summit!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

you're such a nice friend! When does Shelby leave? Tell her I said congrats and good luck!

Mallory said...

She leaves on July 19th? I think that's the day. I'll tell her. :)