Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I love to see the Temple!

On Saturday, Jon and I had the awesome chance to go to the temple with a few friends who we've never gotten to go with before. It was a great experience to be there with some of my best friends and other wonderful people who I love. We took some fun pictures afterward, before we stuffed our faces with CiCi's. Then we went to go see "UP." It was such a great day and I just wanted to share this with everyone who reads my blog, however few that may be.

The temple is literally the House of the Lord and I feel that I am such a privileged person, to have the restored gospel in my life and to be able to enter this holy place. I am so attached to that building, it's where I got engaged, where I got married forever, and where I made the most important decisions of my life. The way I feel when I can go is indescribable, and even though Jon and I make sure to go every month, I wish I could go more, I want to make it a goal to go more.

The prophet said that only the home can compare to the glory of the temple. I wish that my home was that holy, that full of the spirit, and a place where others can find refuge. While stressing about a lot of things going on and what I should do in the future, I never think to ask the Lord for help or guidance. I guess I feel like I have a brain for a reason, but there are some things that I need help on. There are some decisions I'm not comfortable making on a whim, and needing to do what is best for my family is so important. I love the temple, because it is a place where I can just be. I don't have stresses, though I think about my problems and decisions there. I just can't stress in such a peaceful and lovely place.


We're going back tomorrow, and I'm so excited to go again only 4 days later. I encourage all of you, if you are members and have recommends of course, to go to the temple as often as you can. Enjoy that love and spirit you can feel. And if you don't have a recommend, get one. And if you're not a member of our Church, I'm sure you know someone who is Mormon, and can ask them more about why the temple is so pivotal in our lives. There is no other place on earth that can give the comfort and security of knowing that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and love us, and have provided this place for us to have, so we can be forever families and accomplish our life missions on earth.




1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's awesome that you got to be there with your friends. A very special experience!