Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stories of July: Part 1 - The Fourth

Happy 40th Class reunion to my Dad!

And Happy 4th of July!

For the 4th of July this year I drove to Paonia Colorado, where my Dad grew up. Every year they have what's called "Cherry Days" and as a kid we used to go almost every year.

They have a pancake breakfast!


















and this is the aftermath!

They have an awesome parade, where kids (and sometimes adults) can grab some candy!

















Look at the tree and cherries on the horses!

And they have a picnic/bazaar/cherry market/carnival



But mostly we just sit around the park, eat crappy food and enjoy the sun and shade!

This year was also my Dad's 40th Class Reunion

And the town of Paonia has their class reunions coincide with the Cherry Days parade.

We got to go to a BBQ with all his old classmates and their spouses.
I think I was the only "child" there...

All the classmates that came
(A pretty good turnout. My dad's whole class was only about 70 people)

It was a lot of fun to go and as a bonus, I got to see my Aunt and Uncle, Grammy and cousins, who I haven't seen in a while, and my parents of course. Only sad thing is that Jon wasn't able to join us. Maybe another year.

No comments: